Make The Choice. Choose2Matter. You Matter. Youth Matter.
The founding principal of Yoursphere.com is to provide a platform that authentically represents the voice, the interests, the talents and the aspirations of kids and young teens amidst a culture of respect and positive interaction. Simply put, our youth matter, and they deserve a social network that gives them a platform to magnify their voice.
After I was introduced to Angela Maiers, an educator, author of The Passion Driven Classroom, Classroom Habitudes and the inspiration behind the Choose2Matter initiative, I knew I’d met a kindred youth evangelist that the Yoursphere community was meant to support and help empower.
With the shared understanding that youth matter, it’s with pride that we can share Yoursphere’s partnership with Choose2Matter, a community that focuses on empowering youth to accept that they make an impact on the world, accelerate the opportunity to stand for something and then act on what they believe they can do to make the world a better place. Choose2Matter’s Quest2Matter campaign invites kids and teens 5 to 18 years of age (and their teachers) to sign up for the Quest and share their ideas for making their home, school, community, state or country a better place. Through their actions, youth can solve a problem that breaks their hearts.
To get involved in the Quest, your children or students need to sign up, and once inside the Choose2Matter community, they can share a photo, blog or video describing their Quest. Your kids can do this on their own; school association is not necessary.
If you’re a parent or teacher, then you understand just as much as I do that youth matter, so join us. Encourage your children and young teens to join in on the Quest. Encourage your local school or your child’s teacher(s) to participate. With our collective support, we can help youth make the world a better place.
Thank you, Angela Maiers. My hat is off to you, my heart is with you and Yoursphere is here to support everything that Choose2Matter is doing to influence a positive change in a world.
More about the Quest2Matter
How do I get started?
- Students decide on a Quest to solve a problem that breaks their hearts, and then began to solve it.
- A student or group of students registers for the Quest2Matter here.
- Once a quest is completed, students tell its story, through a document, a blog post, a picture, a video, or any other media that captures their quest.
- Students should then upload their document to the Quest2Matter site (linked in #2 above).
What is the time period for the Quest?
The Quest2Matter began on April 15, 2013.
All quests submitted by May 17, 2013 will be considered by judges for recognition for prestigious awards ceremonies this fall.
Quests may be submitted after this date and still be eligible to be highlighted on our websites and considered for recognition by our partners in the future.
What quests will be honored?
Ask yourself these three questions:
1. Does your quest change the world for the better?
- Great ideas dare to question the normal ways of doing things. They also dare us to do things that many others may disagree with. We’re looking for rule breakers who are working hard to bring their big idea to light.
2. What have you done in the real world with your idea?
- We’re looking for stories about things that have actually happened (as opposed to things you want to have happen). Stories of failing are welcome too – especially if you picked yourself up and kept on going. That’s because true innovation comes from trying things out, and we can’t make our big ideas real without making mistakes along the way.
3. Can you get personal and tell a great story?
- Great social change begins with something personal. We’ll be looking for students who can share a first-hand story and inspire others to make their own impact.